Early registration pricing is available thru August 25.
Register by August 25 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
If you are a member you must log in to get the member discount.
Some registrants have had issues getting credit cards to go thru. One on a mobile device and one at work. In both cases trying again at home on desktop worked. Perhaps if your browser is not mainstream?
If you have any issues with registration contact John Bright, cell 757-812-1909, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry I'll ask you to text or leave a message because I won't answer an unknown number.
BTW if you receive an automated cancellation or confirmation email it says donotreply in the From field but replies will go to the above email address anyway LOL.
The Surry Century is a scenic tour of beautiful Surry County where the earliest English settlers lived. There are many historic buildings near the start/end point of the ride. One block away is a museum with the original ferry that crossed the James River; when you see how small it is, you know it had to be a rough ride!
Ride along lightly traveled roads along the James River, through a roundabout in Claremont, and past historic sights such as Bacon's Castle.
Places of Interest in the Area:
- Hampton Roads Winery on New Design Rd. in Elberon - Loops 1 & 3.
- Williamsburg Winery at 5800 Wessex Hundred, Williamsburg.
- Bacon's Castle in Surry - Loop 2.
- Chippokes State Park - Loop 2 goes thru this park.
- Jamestown Settlement and Island and Colonial Williamsburg which are across the Jamestown/Scotland ferry.
- The Town of Smithfield is within driving distance south of Surry County.
Choose your route... 25, 50, 75, or 100 miles. Make it a fun day out cycling!
This is PBA's signature event. We pamper you with amazing support all day from multiple rest stops well stocked with healthy food options and hydration to SAG support that is out on the course shadowing the riders to minimize travel time if you need us. The roads are well marked and we furnish GPS files, maps and cue sheets. We serve a delicious catered lunch by Zoe's Kitchen.
Remember to bring your helmet, cycling gear, a water bottle or two, and sunscreen.
This is a rain or shine ride. If the forecast is for dangerous weather we will try to make a go/no go call within 48 hours of the event and notify riders.
- 25 mile riders ride Loop 2.
- 50 mile riders ride Loop 1.
- 75 mile riders ride Loop 1 then Loop 2.
- 100 mile riders ride Loops 1, then 2, then 3.
- All three loops bring you back to the start.
- RideWithGPS links updated Sept 10:
- There was a problem with the links emailed Sept 8, virtual routes would not load to Garmin properly, below are corrected links, real-world routes are unchanged.
- Don't have a GPS device? No worries, the routes are well marked and registration packets contain maps and queue sheets.
- If you pay for RideWithGPS you can turn on the Notify Before Turn option by using the RideWithGPS links; otherwise it's easier to use the .fit files linked below.
- Loop 1 50 miles.
- Loop 2 Chippokes 25 miles.
- Loop 3 Elberon 25 miles.
- .fit files are on Google Drive here.
- 6:00 - 7:00 AM: on-site registration, package pickup, and check-in.
- 7:00 AM: Century mass start.
- 7:30 AM: 75 mile mass start.
- 8:00 AM: 50 mile mass start.
- 8:30 AM: 25 mile mass start.
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Lunch available for riders.
- 4:30 PM: Courses close.
There will be two package pickups for those riders who want to save time Saturday morning and receive their t-shirts and wristbands before getting to the start.
Coming from Williamsburg?
- Village Bicycles, 9913 Warwick Blvd., Newport News: 6:00PM - 8:00 PM on Thursday, September 12th.
- Conte's Bike Shop, 12080 Jefferson Ave. #905 in the Marketplace in Tech Center, Newport News: 5:00PM - 7:00 PM on Friday, September 13th.
Take the free VDOT ferry from Jamestown. Check the schedule by selecting "Fall, Winter, and Spring Schedule" at https://www.virginiadot.org/travel/ferry-jamestown.asp