Release forms; why do we need them and where do they go?
One of the benefits of PBA membership is liability insurance thru the League of American Bicyclists.
This insurance can pay significant money toward medical care in case you are injured on an PBA sanctioned ride if:
- You registered for the ride on the events page of this website.
- You signed the release form prior to the ride (after your first club ride, please register for ride).
- You are an active PBA member or this is your first ride with PBA.
Ride leaders... what to do with signed forms:
- Forms go to the PBA Ride Director.
- Either email Robb Myer; firstname.lastname@example.org
- or send to: PBA Ride Director, P.O. Box 12115, Newport News, VA 23612-2115
- For riders that register on the events page their is no paper release, but ride leaders should riders contact information with them during the ride.
- In case of incident, we must have the original form and there is also an incident report form to be filled out.
- If no incident, form can be facsimile (PDF or photo).
Find blank release forms here.