April 30, 2016 starting at King's Fork High School, Suffolk, VA
We have identified several reasons why this ride is worthwhile after adding it to the Team Killer Bee charity ride line-up and participating for the past 2 years. Besides the obvious - helping those with Diabetes (a growing concern in America), there are other reasons a cyclist should do this ride.
- Low entry fee- you only have a $200 minimum from fundraising. Most people are are happy to donate to a cause that effects so many people.
- The ride is very well supported- There are rest stops every 8 - 12 miles.
- Great SAG support- There are motorcycles all along the route looking out for you.
- The route is absolutely beautiful- you go all around Lake Prince and many little fingers. I frequently see bald eagles, pheasant, wild turkeys, and blue herons in that area. You also pass lots of farm land and livestock and the terrain is rolling at times and flat at times so it's not boring.
- After the ride- they have a post ride party with great food and entertainment.
- No overnight stay on an uncomfortable cot- It is close to home and centrally located to the Peninsula and the Southside.
Please join our team this year. We plan to group by pace so no matter what speed you travel, you will have a group to ride with. We will also be training together after we get our teams in place. So register. Look for the Hampton Roads Chapter then Team Killer Bees on the team list and join us!
Vince D'Elia, Jr., Tour Team Captain