Our Annual Twenty-Five to a Hundred September Ride
Saturday September 9, 2017
Excellent rest stops and SAG support!... and lunch after the ride!
REGISTRATION OPENS SOON!
- Starts at 45 School Street, Surry, VA 23883 by the Surry Athletic Fields.
- Experience the heart of Southeastern Virginia by bike... see beautiful rural countryside, ride through a roundabout, see a variety of farm animals, farmland, historic plantations, and very few cars. All while having the confidence that there are teams of people there to support you.
- Rides of 25, 50, 75 and 100 miles consist of three loops of 50 miles (Spring Grove Loop), 25 miles (Chippokes Loop) and 25 more (Elberon Loop). All loops bring you back to the ball field so you can choose how far you want to ride the day of the event... no stress! We have a team of SAG drivers and cyclists monitoring the route to ensure all riders are off the course before we close the course.
- Roads are flat to slightly rolling. There are a few memorable climbs near the James River on the Chippokes Loop (green route).
- During your ride, you will ride through Chippokes Plantation State Park and past Historic Bacon's Castle.
Times for events:
- 6:00am-7:00am- On site registration and check-in for Century riders.
- 7:00am- Mass Start for Century Riders taking the Spring Grove Loop (50 miles) and Chippokes Loop (25 miles)
- 9:00am- Registration closes and all riders must be underway
- 9:00am- Elberon Loop opens
- 11:00am-2:00 pm: Lunch is served at the ball park.
- 4:30 pm: Course closes.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED!
PBA Members: $45 Non PBA Members $55 (cost to join PBA is only $12)
- Fee includes maps, cue sheets, marked routes, rest stops loaded with home made snacks, gatorade, water, SAG support, and a delicious lunch from Zoe's Kitchen will be served at the ball field.
- A portion of the registration fee will be donated to local charities including the Surry Athletic Association, Friends of Chippokes Park and the Surry Rescue Squad.
Ride Director: Sharon Bochman, email@example.com